The Facts: Branded Writing Instruments
Branded pens are the whole package promotional product you really can't go wrong with. They are inexpensive, which is great for low budget startups or even multimillion dollar companies that are looking to get their name out quickly and efficiently. They also hit a wide audience so if you aren't quite sure who you want to target or you really want to emphasize mass exposure, this is great.
They have also been proven to work wonders in the marketing world. They are overall, one of the most effective promotional products a company can invest in. Read on for 8 pretty astonishing facts that will convince you to invest in this rewarding marketing tool.
There are many notable reasons why writing instruments make some of the best promotional products out there. The Advertising Specialty Institute has done an incredible job gathering much of this valuable data through their research efforts. Here are just 8 facts of many, proving logoed writing instruments actually work… and work well.
1. They are the best promo items for political campaigns.
According to ASI, 75% of promotional products sold to political candidates are writing instruments. They are incredibly useful on the campaign trail. Depending on the type of candidate you are, you can represent yourself with Fun and Silly Pens or Prestige and Sleek Pens.
2. Writing instruments tie with bags for the lowest cost per impression of any promotional product in the United States at just 1/10th of a penny.
It does not take the nicest ballpoint pen in the world to leave a lasting impression. Pens are a very minimal investment for the marketing material they are. The Simplest Pen is enough to gain brand recognition and drive traffic to your business.
3. Writing instruments are the third most popular promotional item following apparel and drinkware.
Consumers actually want writing instruments. It falls in the top 3 promotional items consumers want the most and it is much less expensive than the other two options. If you are a small business and you are “ballin’ on a budget,” start ballin’ with our Ballpoint Pens that are perfect for your budget and need for brand awareness.
4. Consumers rank writing instruments among the most useful of promotional products.
Did you know 77% of consumers say the top reason to keep a promo item is its usefulness? Consumers are 5 times more likely to hold onto a useful promo item than an attractive one. Up the usefulness by handing out Stylus Pens as your next giveaway.
5. Approximately half of U.S. consumers own at least one logoed writing instrument.
50% of U.S. consumers are able to recognize their ownership of branded writing instruments, which means they are likely actively using these promo products. Get more with less with Logoed Pens that will keep your business in consumers’ minds.
6. 54% of women own promotional writing instruments compared to 46% of men.
7. On average, promotional writing instruments are kept for about 6 months.